Quebec Investor Program
- April 12, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
Quebec Investor Program
The Quebec Investor Program allows investors to obtain Canadian permanent residence by investing CAD$800,000 (refundable after 5 years) risk-free through an approved financial intermediary or by financing that investment from the financial intermediary with a one-time cost for about CAD$220,000 (not refundable).
- Low investment risk.The investment of CAD $800,000 is guaranteed by the Quebec government and returned in full after five years.
- Passive investment.No managerial role is required after the investment is made.
- Family included in the application. All immediate members of the candidate’s family (spouse and dependent children) are included in the application and have the same status as the candidate.
- Benefits of permanent resident status.Enjoy as a permanent resident the same benefits provided to Canadians (universal health care, free public education, access to world-class universities, etc.)
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Have, alone or with your accompanying spouse, or de facto spouse, net assets of at least $1,600,000 CAN obtained legally, excluding any amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed;
- Have experience in management in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff (excluding you) occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or with an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies;
- We define management experience as the exercise, for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under your authority. This does not include experience acquired in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma.
- Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest $800,000 CAN with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
The assessment of your application will also take into account other factors such as your age, the nature and duration of your professional training and your language skills.
For 2017, the maximum number of applications that may be received for the upcoming application cycle is set at 1,900, of which up to 1,330 applications may be accepted from national of the People’s Republic of China, including the special administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao. Applicants with advanced intermediate French ability are exempt from the quota.