Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW) Program
- April 12, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
The QSWP is currently closed to all candidates except those who are eligible to apply anytime. The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) says a new intake period will be announced but with no exact date.
Candidates who have an employment offer validated by MIDI, as well as individuals who are temporary residents of Quebec who are eligible to submit an application for a CSQ, may apply at any time.
Skilled Worker (Professional) applicants who intend to reside in Montreal or in another city within the province of Quebec are assessed under the regular Skilled Worker Program, officially called the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
QSW Pointing System
Selection is made on the basis of a point grid for various factors. Points will be awarded for each of these selection factors. The assessment of your application will help to determine if you obtain a sufficient number of points to be selected by Québec.
your schooling (your level of education and area of training). Note that since December 31, 2015, only diplomas obtained before the submission of your application are considered in the attribution of points for the Education level criterion;
- your work experiences
- your age
- your knowledge of French and English
- your stays in Québec and family relationship with a Canadian citizen or a permanent Québec resident
- having a valid employment offer (this applies only if you have received a job offer that meets certain conditions from a Québec employer.) See the section Recrutement international – Embaucher un travailleur étranger permanent
- characteristics regarding your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, if applicable
- other factors that will be taken into account: the number of children under the age of 22 who will be accompanying you to Québec
- your capacity for financial self-sufficiency (you must sign a contract confirming your commitment to provide for your needs and your family’s needs for at least the first three months following your arrival in Québec).
In order to qualify for a CSQ, you must score enough points under the Quebec Immigration selection system that is described below. A single (unmarried) applicant must score at least 50 points based on this system, while an applicant with a spouse or common-law partner must score at least 59 points.
Upon the issuance of a CSQ, the QSW applicants must then successfully complete medical and security examinations conducted by the Canadian government in order to be granted a Canada Immigration (permanent resident) visa.
Processing fees for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program for 2017 are as follows:
|Principal Applicant||CAD $785|
|Spouse, de facto spouse||CAD $168|
|Each dependant child||CAD $168|
(Source: MIDI website)